Now that you’ve spent some time working through why you do want to move away from your home country and why you don’t, let’s explore what you are trying to move away from.
What is it about your current life that you don’t like?
What dreams did you have as a child that you feel you have not fulfilled?
What is it that you do not like about the country you are living in?
What is it about the way you earn your living that you don’t like?
What is it about the way you earn you living that you would like to change?
What is it about your immediate environment that you want to change?
What is it about your social life that you would like to change?
What is it about your health and fitness that you would like to change?
Who are you trying to move away from?
Where have you visited that so attracted you, that you feel you now want to move to there?
What is it about that country that has attracted you?
Before you select to go through the upheaval, what do you need to do to be absolutely sure that the country you’ve visited, that has attracted you, is able to provide you with all those things you are trying to move away from?
Where in the country that is attacting you, would you be able to find the things that you don’t like about the country you are currently living in?
Where could you live that would allow you fulfil the dreams you had as a child?
Where could you live that would allow you to find a way to earn your living, that incorporates the changes you would like to make?
Where could you live that would allow you to make the changes you want to make to your immediate environment?
How will you develop the social life that you would like to enjoy?
Looking at what you don’t like about your health and fitness, where could you live that would allow you to make those changes?
What research have you done about your current country that shows that your current country provides you with the things that you are trying to move away from?
Where in your current country could you find the answers to your questions?
What country or countries would you like to research now that you know what you are trying to move away from? Write these into your journal, with a list of things that you need to research. Be:
- specific about the country or countries that you want to research. specific about the things you need to research in each country.
- how will you measure that your research is a success?
- agreed / action-oriented – you’ve heard the phrase ‘if you fail to plan, you are planning to fail’. When writing in your journal be clear about your research.
- realistic – looking at the things you are moving away from, what makes your answers a realistic reason to move? What makes you think that where you are moving to will allow you to move away from these things?
- time framed – what timeframe have put on your move? Looking at the research that you’ve still got to do, what makes you believe that you can meet your timeframe?
- exciting – looking back at what you’ve written down, does it make you feel excited about moving? Write down what is exciting about the things you have moved away from.
- recorded – it’s important to capture this information in bullet form. This will allow you to focus – clearly focus.
Want to make a success of your plans to move?
Want to work with someone who will not judge the reasons you want to make your move,
who will not guide you down a specific path?
You have this opportunity to work with a qualified and accredited coach who has done it!